May 27, 2009

Macro, getting up close - part 1

Okay, macros are tricky because it's usually tiny objects you are focussing on or trying to squeeze in as much detail into a small space as possible. I love macro, but it can get limiting unless you have good subjects, like the one below...
The images below were still taken with my measly Kodak C713, remember this camera has no major settings, but it does have a macro, which was cool, but you can only get so close…
The shell in this image is approximately 2cm in diameter. Notice the shadow being cast, you can see it’s still early morning and the sun is still very low. I didn't want to get too close so as to demonstrate the vastness of the surroundings. The ISO was set a little brighter to capture the shell properly. I took my time (not that I had much because of the waves coming closer lol) and gently pressed on the trigger button to make sure that the auto focus on the camera was staying on the shell and not shifting over to something else. Click, perfect (well, close enough) on the first attempt because just seconds later a wave caught the shell tipping it upside down. Well, I had to grab a picture of that too because it just looked so cool…
Oh man… look at the detail in this pole, it’s part of a shelter on the beach and I just loved the way the bugs have eaten away at the exterior leaving this awesome pattern… This was taken later that same day as we were relaxing on the beach doing less than nothing…

Okay, macro part one done...

No comments:

Post a Comment